Fan of international development? Fan of free markets? Just a fan of good drinks and good causes? Than you should join us and our friends at Indego Africa on October 15th for their third annual Ibrori celebration.
Indego Africa is a fantastic example of entrepreneurial spirit in the non-profit realm. From their website:
INDEGO AFRICA is an innovative non-profit social enterprise – built on core values of transparency and good governance – that attacks systemic poverty by delivering access to export markets, and job skills to African women. Indego Africa’s business model is simple yet powerful:
- Partner with cooperatives of world-class artisans in Rwanda, made up entirely of women.
- Sell their masterful fair trade contemporary accessories and home decor products at high-end retailers across the U.S. and on Indego Africa’s online store.
- Pay the women a fair wage, including 50% in advance of production.
- Return 100% of the profits to Indego Africa’s ground-breaking training programs in Financial Management & Entrepreneurship, Literacy, & Computers.
- Harness local talent to teach the training programs with Generation Rwanda, an extraordinary NGO that provides university scholarships to Rwanda’s top students.
Tickets to the event are $55 dollars ($45 if you buy five or more), and go towards a great cause. In return, you get to enjoy an open bar, see and buy some of the remarkable handicrafts, and enjoy good times with liberty and prosperity loving folks.
So mark your calendars for the Friday, October 15th, and support this great cause!