– For the gin drinkers out there. (h/t Radley Balko)
– Professor Rizzo finds a logical fallacy in Marxism. The Aristocrats.
– DCist covers a non-issue with Metro. Personally I think Metro does a nice job balancing information load with ease-of-reading. Unlike, say, New York, although the Big Apple subway map is becoming easier to read.
– I want to watch this movie. Similarly, The Cartel was excellent, although missed an opportunity to tell this side of the story. Teacher’s Unions do well by their members, but this movie looks at our failing school system from the students’ perspective, much like the fourth heartbreaking season of The Wire (very NSFW language, also spoilers).
– Following up on Jerry’s point, this is one of my guiltiest pleasures. This video has at least a thousand individual choices that would have made any sane person say, “why?” And yet, here it is. Oh 1990’s, you seemed like such a good idea at the time.
BONUS VIDEO – Looking back on my childhood, it strikes me that a lot of 80’s kid culture was either a giant secret homosexual mind-control plot, or staggeringly un-self-aware. I can’t decide which. Regardless, at one point, I owned pairs of both He-Man and Skeletor socks, which I mixed and matched “so my ankles can fight”. Also my grandfather drove me insane teasing me that he “went to high school with Skeletor; he was a pretty decent guy. He’s actually the good guy!”